Checklist for Ecommerce Sites
When you set up an ecommerce site, you will find that there are too many elements to check, necessary cross-channel checks and tests to ensure a good shopping experience for the customer. An extremely comprehensive checklist is needed to take the right steps for controls for e-commerce sites. You can make your e-commerce site ready to sell by reviewing the list below.
Step 1: Check Where Customers See
Visions When someone enters your site, they either look around or leave your site. If the interface and navigation elements of your homepage are not good enough and are not compatible with the e-commerce shopping site, they will choose to leave immediately. However, it is possible to keep your customers on the site with a few simple edits and updates.devote the first step of the E-Commerce checklist to check where customers see:
- You should have a well-designed logo.
- You must ensure that the site is running on all browsers and devices.
- You should include introductory graphics and links on the home page.
- You must add links to the most popular products.
- You should use call-to-action messages to direct people to important sales pages.
- You should include an easily recognizable search box at the top of your site.
- You should highlight special offers, promotions or free shipping.
- You should include a section of the latest news of your company.
- You should use directive links to recent research and popular products.
- You should have a space to search among popular brands.
- If necessary, consider using a store finder.
- If necessary, consider adding a language option to your E-Commerce site.
Step 2: General Ecommerce Site Management and Appearance
Every ecommerce site needs constant monitoring and management. This means that it is inevitable to create a list where you can double-check the site. Extra controls will make your job easier to ensure that your site works correctly and that every page looks good. When browsing and managing items on your site, you should consider the following:
- You must provide security certificates to indicate that shopping on your site is safe.
- You should prefer a minimal design for an easy ride.
- You should test the speed of your site to ensure that the pages load quickly.
- You should remove broken links and fill out empty product pages.
- You should ensure that each page has categories and filters options.
- You must ensure that each page contains an email subscription form.
- You should include a link to your career opportunities page.
- You must include a link to your legal terms page.
- You should include a link to your frequently asked questions page.
- You must include links to your social pages.
- You must include a link to your return and exchange policy page.
- You must include a link to your page with supplier information.
- You must include the share buttons.
- You must include the sign-in box.
- You should place tabs leading to categories and products at the top of your site.
- You should include a shopping basket at the top.
- You should include information about the payment systems you use and the security measures you take.
- You should include links to your support page.
- You should ensure that your Ecommerce site has a responsive design and check your site on all devices or browsers.
- You must include the payment button on each page.
- To help people easily find the products or pages they’re looking for, you should make sure that each page has a content map function.
Step 3: Product Pages of Your Site
When people find your site through the search engine, they usually reach a landing page. Therefore, you should include as much clear information as possible on each page. You should encourage people to make purchases using the most appropriate tools, guides and media elements.
- You should use call-to-action messages.
- You should include customer reviews and votes on each e-commerce product page.
- You should include relevant products to increase sales.
- You should highlight offers such as free shipping and discount time.
- You should try to use product images provided that the zoom feature is included.
- You must include multiple product images that can be viewed in 360 degrees.
- You must include item information and properties.
- You must include a field where the amount of items to be purchased can be changed.
- You should include creative descriptions that are appropriate for the use of the product.
- You should use optimized product titles.
- You must include the Add to Cart button on each product page.
- You must include price information on potential sales or discounts.
- You should include the stock status of each product, but you should encourage people to act hastily by stating that the stock is running low.
- You should include cargo and tax calculations on the product pages.
- You should include information such as materials used, dimensions, colors, weight, and cleaning instructions.
- You should include available dimensions and, if necessary, size guides.
- You should use a comment section on the product page to discuss the product.
- Customer comments should include the option to sort and filter.
- You must include a feature on each product page, such as add to wish list.
- You should include videos describing how the products are used.
- If necessary, you should use a currency converter.
- If you offer live support, you should make it easily accessible.
- You can include the product codes for later reference.
- You can include statistical data for the amount of each product sharing, viewing, selling, or adding to the wish list.
- You should pay attention to the social sharing buttons on each e-commerce product page.
- You can include special offers for people who will purchase several related products.
- You should try to use professional-level photos and videos.
- Consider using an indicator that indicates that the product is out of stock.
- You can offer subscription or follow-up to ensure that users receive notifications if a product is available for purchase.
- You should ensure that your product pages open as quickly as the home page.
- You should try to be different from your competitors by highlighting the unique features of the product.
- You should try to improve your search engine ranking by including keywords on each product page.
- You should avoid unnecessary steps that will complicate the buying process.
Step 4: Use Blog and Media Pages
Extra content on your site will make you different from your competitors. In this way, you will have the opportunity to prove to the search engines that you are more than an e-commerce site. The elements that are usually required to be included in the page will be located outside of the product page and will add strength to your strength is as follows:
- Educational and tutorial pages
- Product reviews and comments
- Company events
- Recent events and developments of the notified that a blog
- Situated comments in the blog of
- blog posts to social sharing options
- with customers in-house information for better connectivity
- Lists related to your products
- External resources page
- Posts for the status of your industry
- Areas where people can post their own content
- A radio or podcast page
- A page for video reviews
- Research and interviews with people who have used your products
Step 5: Customer Payments, Shopping Cart and Wish List
E-Commerce is a must for your site is hidden in this title. A shopping cart and payment area is the area where the customers who want to make the purchase want to move in the most trouble-free manner. For them, the fastest completion of the purchase is the greatest requirement.
- You must force the user to become a member until you place an order.
- You must try to accept all payment methods.
- You must request drop shipping charges.
- You should try to visually support payment transactions.
- You should place a shopping completion button at the top and bottom of your site.
- You must ensure that the transaction is completed safely.
- After purchasing a product, you should allow people to continue shopping.
- You should allow people to save the shopping list or convert it to a wish list.
- Once the shopping is complete, you should submit a survey fill request via email.
- You should allow users free shipping if they spend a certain amount.
- You must offer multiple and different shipping methods.
- You must include an area where promotional codes can be used.
- You should quantify how profitable people are from shopping while shopping.
- You must provide the appropriate shipping date and time.
- If you sell digital products, you should tell them how to obtain them.
- You must clearly state what you will use from personal information.
- If a person is stubborn about not shopping, you can give them the opportunity to try the product.
- If you sell products with high prices, you should put in various financial options such as extra installments.
- You should personally check that everything works smoothly during the shopping process.
Step 6: Tracking the Customer
When a visitor to your site makes a purchase from you, you should not consider re-offering the opportunity to offer after-sales support and reach extra offers. It is very important to you every time you contact your customers.
- After shopping they should send the receipt.
- You may consider sending an image of the product.
- You should include links to products, sites, support, and relevant product recommendations.
- You should send an e-mail after a week or two to find out if they are satisfied with the product.
- You must request a product evaluation.
- If you have made any purchases for more than a month, you should send them a discount coupon.
- You should invite them to the loyalty program.
- You should ask them for special discounts.
- You should ask if they want to receive notifications about products and special offers.
- You must send gift cards.
- You must submit a promotion for abandoned shopping carts.
- You should thank them for shopping.
- You must provide information about the shipping location of the product.
- You must have the option to cancel the order.
- You must include buttons in order to share on social media.
- You should send a tracking link.
- You must submit the order number.
- You should submit a survey about the product experience.
Step 7: Evaluate Support Pages
As an e-commerce business, you need to try to get extra efficiency from the support pages. If you configure the support pages using the tips below, you will make the best use of them.
- Social media pages
- Email and contact forms
- Phone numbers
- Live chat
- Frequently asked questions
- Shipping details
- Sharing buttons
- 24/7 continuous customer support
- Comprehensive return time delivery
Follow the steps to check your e-commerce site thoroughly and make the most of it to provide usability.